You can also take out a new policy when you arrive if you decide to extend your trip. Gap 360 offers set packages, or you can build your own itinerary! We can help with flights, visas, and travel insurance, so all you have to do is grab countryhavenresort.com your passport and have the trip of a lifetime. Our cheapest backpacker travel insurance is our Essential cover package. Although the cheapest option, Essential backpacker travel insurance offers an extensive range of cover for your trip.
Our travel insurance partner provides simple and flexible cover designed for our trips. You should purchase backpacker travel insurance as soon as your trip is booked. Doing so will provide you with cover for cancellation or unexpected illness which could prevent your trip from going ahead. If you are planning a trip that will last longer than 183 days you will need to buy our backpacker travel insurance. Some insurers may not cover you if you already have a serious medical condition, or if you have a number of conditions. If you’re unable to find suitable cover, the Money and Pension Service has also set up a directory of insurers willing to cover customers with pre-existing medical conditions.
Cover for your gadgets including mobiles, e-readers, tablets and smartwatches if they’re lost, stolen or damaged. Check your confirmation email to make sure that all the destinations you are travelling to are listed. To qualify for our Backpacker insurance, you need to be aged 50 or under on the day your policy is issued. Provides cover if you are taken into hospital or you need to come home early or extend your journey due to illness or accident. Cover for purchasing essential items if your personal possessions are delayed for more than 12 hours on your outward journey.
- As with most policies, it is best to get your cover as soon as you have booked your trip, as this means that you will be covered for travel cancellation.
- You could even consider starting a travel blog, to document your wanderlust adventures and connect with other travellers.
- Many places also have amazing street food that give you a real taste of local cuisine while also saving you quite a bit of money.
- If you have a medical condition, please make sure you disclose it when buying your policy.
- If you are planning on excursions or are staying in hostels you may leave your belongings in a safety deposit box or ‘secure’ area but adding your own lock will help deter thieves and keep your belongings safe.
- As such, most travel insurance companies offer specialist travel insurance for backpackers.
Packing all your perfect destinations into one effortless, value-for-money Budget Backpacker 360 trip is the ideal, cost-effective way to see the world and enjoy your very own epic adventure. You can sign up for one of our suggested round-the-world routes, or you can create your very own 360 trip. You will be assigned your own personal Travel Advisor so you can design your own dream Budget Backpacker 360.
Terms and conditions
To understand exactly which sports and leisure activities are covered by your Backpacker policy, take a look at your policy handbookand oursports and leisure activitieslist. Nothing’s quite as exciting as embarking on a journey to uncover and explore new corners of the globe. We cover the loss and theft of and damage to your baggage & personal belongings. We also provide you with an allowance to purchase essential replacement items in the event that your checked-in baggage is delayed for a certain period of time. Should you require emergency medical treatment or repatriation, our policies provide you with access to a 24hr multilingual staffed medical emergency company. You may think that all current accounts are the same but if you are travelling abroad, picking the right one could save you hundreds of pounds in charges while earning you extra interest.