In fact, so many of them now work in Westminster that they’ve become affectionately known as ‘the Hull Mafia’. A Hull politics degree opens doors if you’re considering a career in politics, the Civil Service, the military or the intelligence services. There are some extra costs that you might have to pay, or choose to pay, depending on sextonseattle.com your programme of study and the decisions you make. Discover challenges facing the five emerging powers in the shifting power structures of international affairs. Insurgency and how to beat it is among the biggest problems of our time. Examine the issue in case studies from the end of empire to the latest Iraqi and Afghan insurgencies.
He is also a member of the Human Science Centre at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, Germany, and a member of the editorial boards of Visual Communication Quarterly and International Journal of Communication and Health. Professor Dr Thomas Knieper is Chair of the Computer-mediated Communication Department at the University of Passau, Germany. He has previously been Full Professor of Mass Communication and Media Studies at Braunschweig University of Technology, Germany.
Location and student life
The problems of government are assessed in a wide-ranging set of contexts, addressing popular attitudes to the war, government propaganda, local resistance and the problems of governing a country divided in religion. In this way the book covers much more than the war alone, providing a new assessment of the effectiveness of the whole Elizabethan state. To study for an undergraduate degree with us, you will need to pay tuition fees for your course. How much you pay depends on whether you live inside the UK, or internationally . On this module you will examine the persistence of authoritarian rule in the 21st century.
- This is where war reporters play the crucial role of mediators, to bring us stories covering the various dimensions of war from some of the most vulnerable places on Earth.
- You will need to read around your subject, engaging with academic literature, including books, academic journal articles, original texts and official reports.
- His main research areas are computer-mediated communication, visual communication, political communication, empirical social research, and journalism.
- Our groups and networks are pushing the boundaries of specialist sub-fields of political science, helping to nurture diversity and inclusivity across the discipline.
- Throughout the late-nineteenth and early-twentieth centuries, Europe’s leaders saw military strength as an essential part of being a great power.
While studying for your degree, there may be additional costs related to your course. This may include purchasing personal equipment and stationery, books and optional field trips. War makes for dramatic headlines and engaging copy, but there is frequent and often heated debate about the power and the biases of the media in war. On this module you will explore the relationship between warfare and the media. This includes both a discussion of the representation and reporting of war in the media, and how you can use media to research and understand war.
The age of civil war: political crisis and its consequences at the end of the Roman Republic, 60
On this three-week intensive programme, you will engage with and learn from full-time lecturers from the LSE’s government faculty. Your personal academic tutor, course leader and other tutors are all there to help you with your personal and academic progress. You’ll also have a student support and guidance tutor who can help with everything from homesickness, managing stress or accommodation issues. As a student you’ll get lots of opportunities to experience these events at first hand and to develop your skills through the volunteering and other opportunities they offer. We guarantee an offer of a place in halls of residence to all eligible students who apply by 30 June.